March 12, 2020
TO: THE MARIST SCHOOL COMMUNITY
RE: UPDATES ON MARIST SCHOOL SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
In response to the recent developments regarding the threat of the spread of COVID-19 and in consideration of the government’s updates on the increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases, Marist School would like to assure the Marist Community (students, school personnel, parents, guardians, service providers and other stakeholders) of the precautionary measures the school continues to take in ensuring the community’s safety and security.
In addition to the measures reiterated in the school’s advisory released on March 8, please be informed and take note of the following:
1. Cancelled School Activities/Program for the Remaining Days of the School Year and Summer
- Remaining classes in all grade levels for SY 2019-2020
- Fourth quarterly assessment for Grades 1-5, 7-9 and 11
- Baccalaureate Mass, completion rites and graduation ceremonies
- Recognition Day (all clusters)
- Applied Music Recital (Batch 2; March 14)
- Basic Education Assessment for Grade 12 (March 25-26)
- Summer Academic Program (April 20-May 8)
- Summer Enrichment Program for Music, Arts and Photography (April – May)
- Summer Sports Program (including varsity practices, training, competitions, and try out)
2. Suspended School Activities Until Further Notice
- Confirmation of Grade 6 students (March 14)
- Administration of Entrance Tests for applicants in all grade levels
3. Schedules to be Observed (Unless superseded by further announcements)
- March 31, 2020 – Distribution of report cards, diplomas and certificates for graduating (Grades 6 and 12) and completing students Kindergarten and Grade 10)
- April 3, 2020 – Distribution of report cards for undergraduates (Grades 1-5, 7-9 and 11)
- Be further informed that:
- Only one parent/guardian/representative is to get the card between 8:00 – 11:00 A.M. at the student’s classroom.
- The parent/guardian/representative is advised to avoid loitering in the campus.
- Students with lockers are asked to take the opportunity during the distribution of report cards to bring home their Go Bag and to empty their lockers of their contents.
4. Guidelines and Reminders
- The fourth quarterly marks will be based on the Class Performance (Class Work) for the quarter. The final mark will be the computed average of the grades from the first to the fourth quarter.
- Students who are at risk of failing in their final marks will be notified and advised of the necessary actions to take.
- Junior and Senior High School Homeroom Advisers will notify their respective undergraduate (Grades 7, 8, 9, and 11) students regarding their individual clearance. Arrears will have to be settled on or before the distribution of report cards (see schedule on item #3 above).
- Unsettled accounts (including arrears, if any) have to be paid on or before the scheduled release of report cards, diplomas and certificates (refer to the schedule on item #3 above). Please present the official receipt of payment when claiming the said documents. The school will withhold release of these documents pending payment of unsettled accounts/arrears.
- The Business Office shall be open on Monday to Friday at 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. to transact payments.
- Application for Admission in all grade levels at Marist School shall resume upon further announcement.
- Kindergarten and Junior High School Completion Honors will be given and awarded during the Honors’ Assembly.
- Medals for the Graduation Honors (Grade 6 and 12) will be given and awarded in a simple ceremony the schedule of which will be announced and circulated to the parents/guardians of the honorees.
- For better control and monitoring of pedestrian and vehicle traffic when entering the campus, only the Pedestrian Gate (main façade) and Gate 4 (leading to the main parking area) will be open starting March 16. Gate 1 (leading to the oval, senior high school building, and gymnasium) will remain closed until further notice.
- All persons entering the premises of Marist School must subject themselves to security and health checks and abide by precautionary measures being undertaken for the safety protection of everybody against the risks of COVIDF-19. The school management reserves the right to deny entry of anyone who refuses to undergo these necessary procedures.
Schedule and arrangement of the above-mentioned activities are still subject to change pending announcements, circulars, or directives from local or national government or agencies.
We advise everyone to remain calm, be informed of the latest updates regarding COVID-19 from reliable sources, and heed the recommendations of medical/health experts and officials to protect ourselves and help others prevent the acquisition and spread of the disease.
The support and cooperation of each one will help us in getting through with this crisis created by the spread of COVID-19. More importantly, we all continue to pray for everyone’s safety.
Thank you very much and God bless.
Ad Jesum per Mariam,
BR. NIÑO M. PIZARRO, FMS