Dear Marist Parents/Guardians,
May God’s peace be with you and your family!
For the past few weeks, we all have witnessed how the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic continues to touch and affect all aspects of our lives both on a personal and professional level. The disease indeed has brought about a profound and rapid change in the way we live our lives and has painted a picture of uncertainty and fears among us and a growing concern about the future.
In these unprecedented times, be assured that Marist School’s top priority is the safety and health of every member of the community. The school continues to position itself in the forefront of these challenging times. The current situation may have brought us setbacks and delays but we will continue to serve you in the best way we can. More than ever, we continue to focus on our mission of providing your children quality Christian education and, working together as one Marist Family, adapt to the new normal.
We are confident that our community’s core values of Faith, Marian Heart, Communion, and Service will be our anchor in achieving our primary goal—the certainty of our children’s education in the midst of this crisis.
In this light, we would like to inform you of the following:
- The Final Report Cards can be viewed starting 18 May 2020 (for regular students) and 22 May 2020 (for Marist School Afternoon Shift students) through the Marist Marikina Web Portal.
- The date as to when the portal officially opens and the steps on how to access it will be posted on a separate announcement on the school’s website.
- As soon as schools are allowed to operate, official print out of the Final Report Card may be secured from the Registrar’s Office. For other inquiries regarding this matter, kindly email your questions to [email protected]
- In consonance with the announcement of the Department of Education, the school’s Graduation and Moving Up ceremonies for SY 2019 – 2020 are indefinitely postponed pending further review.
- For SY 2020 – 2021, classes officially open on 3 August 2020 and the delivery mode of teaching and learning is predominantly online.
- In relation to the school’s ongoing transition to online learning, we humbly ask you to accomplish the survey which you can access thru this link: https://forms.gle/8vGs7V6PFM1CL16C7. We are hoping for your cooperation on this activity. Your answers are quite vital for the school to properly address your concerns and issues dealing with online learning.
- Though the school’s online learning entails that all teaching and learning activities—including communication, class activities, resources and assessment—are to occur online, it should be noted that textbooks and modules will still be used as reference materials of the students. In addition, materials for practical arts projects (K-8) and electronics projects (Grades 9 & 10) will still be part of the T.L.E. requirements. Ordering and purchasing of these printed materials and project materials will be done online and the guidelines of which will be included in the future announcements of the school.
- Aside from allowing parents access to view grades, the newly-developed Marist Marikina Web Portal provides other vital online school administrative services such as enrollment, registration of new students, viewing of statement of accounts, and online payment. Again, a separate announcement will be posted on the school’s website re access to this portal and its varied features.
- Finally, the admission of new students/transferees will be open for those who will meet the academic and conduct grade requirements for admission. This means that the entrance test will NOT be required for this school year. For further details, interested applicants may inquire through [email protected]
We thank you for your continued trust in and support for the Marist Education. For more than 55 years Marist School has committed itself to serve the youth, especially the least favored, by educating and developing them into ‘good Christians and virtuous citizens.’ In the face of the present situation, Marist School remains true to its commitment to provide your child/ren with quality Christian education and a safe learning environment. Please know that our thoughts are with you and that we are working to ensure that your needs are met.
Thank you very much and may the Good Lord bless us all!
Br. Niño M. Pizarro, FMS