Dear Marist Parents and Guardians,
May God’s peace be with you and your family!
The whole Marist School Community is excited to welcome you and your children/wards to SY 2020 – 2021 with all its ‘new normal’ challenges—which include, among others, being familiar with the school’s online learning program, the learning management system, the varied support services, and the school rules and online protocols. It is for this reason that we have scheduled a series of orientation for parents and students during the school’s Opening Week (August 3 – 7). Regular classes start on August 10.
On August 3 (Monday; 9 AM) Marist School holds a Welcome Orientation for parents and students via the school’s official Facebook account Marist School Marikina. Activities include the following:
- Mass of the Holy Spirit: Rev. Fr. Marc Anthony Ramos [Mass Presider; Marist Alumnus, Batch 1999]
- Welcome Address: Br. Allan J. De Castro, fms [School President]
- Vision-Mission and Marist VIOLETS: Mr. John Benjamin C. Balatbat [Principal]
- Spiritual Formation: Mrs. Marjorie Veronica B. Rañeses [Campus Minister]
- Guidance Services: Mrs. Imelda C. Carmona [Director of Student Services]
- Learning Resource Center (LRC) Services: Mrs. Dia Marie E. Abrigo [LRC Coordinator]
- Marist Hymn
Kindly take note that the Holy Mass will be streamed live while the speeches are pre-recorded. For queries, parents are highly recommended to reserve them for the Grade Level Orientation a part of which will be allotted for open forum.
On August 4 – 7 Grade Level Orientations are held for parents and students. The schedule is as follow:
- Kindergarten, Grade 4, 7, and 11: August 4 (Tuesday; 9 AM)
- Grade 1, 5, 8, and 12: August 5 (Wednesday; 9 AM)
- Grade 2, 6, and 9: August 6 (Thursday; 9 AM)
- Grade 3 and 10: August 7 (Friday; 9 AM)
The activities included in each Grade Level Orientation are the following:
- Opening Prayer
- Welcome Address: Assistant Principal
- Introduction of Year Level Teachers
- Marist VIOLETS
- Synchronous and Asynchronous
- Grading System
- Daily Class Activities
- Sample Class Schedule
- School Rules and Regulation
- Google Classroom
- Open Forum
- Marist Hymn
To limit the number of ‘participants’ that will attend the Google Meet for the Year Level Orientation, we would like to request the parent and student to use only one gadget. With the parent and student sharing the same gadget, Google Meet will consider them as one participant.
Finally, on July 29 – 31 the School Registrar will be sending your child’s/ward’s section; group in the section; Technokids email account (username and password); and the Google Meet link for the Grade Level Orientation. Kindly check your email within the given period.
To ensure that the school has a record of your email address, please make sure that you have already registered your child/ward at enroll.maristschool.ph. If you have not, we highly recommend you to do so.
Thank you so much for your continued support and trust in Marist School. Ad Jesum per Mariam!
Mr. John Benjamin C. Balatbat
Noted and approved by:
Br. Allan J. De Castro, fms