Circular from the Principal: August 21, 2020
Dear Marist Parents and Guardians,
We are into the 2nd week of classes for school year 2020-2021. Allow us to inform you of the dates of activities set for this school year.
Also, please take note of other activities for the 1st quarter.
Regarding guidelines on cancellation or suspension of online classes (synchronous and asynchronous activities) due to typhoons, flooding, other weather disturbances, and calamities, Marist School has yet to receive directives from the national government, Department of Education, and/or local government. In the meantime, the school will continue to observe Executive Order No. 66, series of 2012 for the following guidelines for automatic cancellation or suspension of classes in all public and private elementary, secondary and tertiary schools, as well as work in all government offices:
- When signal 1 is raised by PAGASA, classes at the pre-school level, in the affected area, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended.
- When signal 2 is raised by PAGASA, classes at the pre-school, elementary and secondary levels, in the affected area, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended.
- When signal 3 or higher is raised by PAGASA, classes at pre-school, elementary, secondary, and tertiary levels, in the affected area, including graduate school, as well as work in all government offices, shall be automatically cancelled or suspended.
In cases when inclement weather affects the child’s internet connectivity and consequently hinder him/her from attending his/her synchronous sessions nor turn in his/her asynchronous tasks on time, the parents and guardians are asked to send the concerned prefect of discipline a text message to inform the school that the child is not able to attend online classes for the day. The following are the contact details (cellular phone number) of the prefect:
- Cluster 1 & 2: Mr. Raymond Bautista; 0927-4559024
- Cluster 3: Mr. Jose Antonio Aventino; 0927-4559023
- Cluster 4: Mr. Joel Hubalde; 0927-4559025
Thank you very much and God bless!
Mr. John Benjamin C. Balatbat
Noted and Approved by:
Br. Allan J. De Castro, fms